Saturday, April 26, 2008

You Know They're Really Your Friends If...

they spend a "fun-filled" Friday night helping to put together your two year old's new play kitchen. Thanks Kevin and Miq! Of course, now Cavie calls the thing "Quel's Kitchen" because in her mind, Miquel gave it to her. Just because Mommy spent years researching, tracking, eyeballing, watching the sales, doesn't mean baby knows where the present came from. Ah well, she loves it anyway...

So, yesterday was Cavanaugh's 2nd birthday! We spent the day with my sister taking the kids and I through the drive through at McDonalds for Apples (they still don't know about the "dippers" part, don't tell 'em!), taking me to my plastic surgeon to get a drain removed (yea!) (Side note -- he said my surgery wounds look great and that I should be really happy with them, I felt much better since I trust his opinion immensely), a trip to Target (at which point Mommy decided it was time for a nap), lunch that Grammie made, and then play time at Grammie's house so Mommy could get that nap! We had cake and ice cream after supper and Kevin and Miquel joined us for that.

I spent this morning vacuuming up the Styrofoam box from the play kitchen which my darling children discovered before Eric and I were awake. Totally slept through my 3am meds wake up call, so I was four hours behind on those, but since the pain didn't wake me up, I took that as a good thing!

The computer dizziness is getting better -- I can handle about half an hour now -- and as of yesterday I can actually read a book again, so that will help time to pass. I'm thinking I'll be on the major drugs through the end of next week, or until my last drain is out, whichever is sooner. Hopefully after that I'll feel well enough to be able to pop in at school a little and take Kile to preschool. Since I can't lift anything over 10 pounds and the 2nd anniversary of her birth appears not to have potty trained her, it will be a while before I can handle the kiddos on my own for more than a couple of hours. But, hey, we're getting there!

Kids and Eric have a birthday party in Cedar Rapids today (me too, but yesterday's doctor/Target excursion was enough to convince me that I'm not yet ready for major outings), so I'm planning an afternoon on the couch to catch up on my sleep. Ha.

Carpe Diem! -- Trela

No comments: