Thursday, April 24, 2008

Meds, Meal, TV, Nap, Repeat

So, life is exciting. Ha.

Periodically things get shaken up a bit by a visit from my kids (who are still staying at my in-laws since I can do absolutely nothing with them), a phone call, or a DVD, but beyond that, life is calmly routine.

I'm headed to my plastic surgeon at home tomorrow to get one of my three remaining drains removed which is rather inconsequential, but will be a step in the right direction. When they're all gone, I'll feel much better.

My strength is getting better -- I can sit up rather easily unlike the strange roll to the side, twist, violent shove with my right arm of earlier in the week.

My appetite is better, too, though I have a weird hour of nausea every morning between about 10:30 and 11:30. Today was better, Dad called and reminded me to premedicate at about 9:45, so we'll see if that helps again tomorrow.

I still spend most of the day on the couch with trips to the bathroom and to check my email every two hours or so... I could do more, but the scenery doesn't change much, so why burn the energy? Plus looking at the computer screen for too long does genuinely make me dizzy, so I need to ration myself because of that, too.

I took a walk outside several times yesterday and the day before, but today is rainy, so I think I'll content myself with wandering from the living room to the office. I picked up the kitchen a bit, but I can't open and load the dishwasher yet (a weird muscle combination, I think), and I might hang on to that "disability" for a while.... maybe Eric won't read this post....

Anyway, I'm down to the minimum in my pain killers, and I'm really not in much "owie" pain at all -- just if I do something stupid, which I'm doing pretty well at avoiding.

Just thought I'd post an update since people keep asking my friends and family, "How's she doing?" She's doing well!

: )
Carpe diem -- Trela

No comments: