Sunday, April 20, 2008

No News Is Good News

I think my dear husband should be in the cliffhanger business... "Trela and I had said Monday morning that we just needed to get through the next 3 days with no bad news. So far, so good."

Those of you with any math ability may have noticed that it is now at least three days beyond Monday (6 by my count, but I'm an English teacher), and thank the Lord, we made it through. The worst thing to happen was me blowing 2 IV's within about 5 minutes (which didn't hurt, just was frustrating, especially when it took about a dozen sticks and two hours to get a new one started... and I was still on IV pain meds). Ok, really, the food wasn't great either, but I wasn't exactly on a cruise.

My ride home yesterday was decent (I even walked into Chipolte myself to order my lunch, which I informed them I'd be eating in a day, so I'd liked it packaged MY way), my evening short since I fell asleep on the couch (twice) after a visit with Grammie and the kids. They were really good -- knew not to touch Mommy too much, but I showed both of them my blown IV bruises on my arm in order to get the point home -- that's about the scariest thing they'll need to see to get them to leave me be! They're good at kissing my hands and hugging my feet! It was just good to see them!

Ready for a day of movie watching/snoozing, and though these pain meds are working much better in terms of both pain control and lucidity, I can tell I've been on the computer enough -- time to sign off and eat breakfast.

Have a good day!
Carpe diem -- Trela

1 comment:

Beth Kies said...

If you like Chipotle, there is good news for you... one should be opening in CR soon. So when you come to visit your friends later this spring or summer hopefully it should be open

Beth