Friday, July 21, 2006

Being Sleepy Makes Me Tired

Either daytime television is boring and tiresome, or a massive, invisible weight has been affixed to my eyelids. Certianly I cannot blame all this sleep on a few little white powdery pills, or small incisions. Had great hopes to finally finish reading several wonderful books I started this summer, including the Yorkshire Detective, recommended by my Dad, which is in sore need of my attention, but unfortunately it and several other potentially riviting paperbacks have lain abandoned on the pillow where Eric normally sleeps.

Hopefully I'll be able to divert my attention from the awful daytime TV somtime soon, because otherwise I feel my brain will turn into a pile of mush similar to the applesauce, which has been my favorite meal for the last few days.

Thanks to all of you who haven't been too scared to call me, and to the rest of you, please don't feel that you can't call. If I am asleep, I won't hear the phone and you won't bother me in the slightest.

Extra special thanks to my in-laws for taking care of the children today so I didn't have to deal with them, and also to their aunt Kathy, for providing endless amusement, even though Cavanaugh seemed to scream a lot today. Love my kids, but it sure was nice to hear them scream and know I didn't have to get up today.


------- (change of author)

On another topic, Trela's wounds from round 1 have been healing nicely. Ironically, the two places that have hurt her the most are the busted lower lip (it really looks like someone punched her in the mouth... it wasn't me, I swear!) and the base of her heel on her right foot... Don't ask me how that happened either.

Anyway, as the title implies, she HAS been sleeping a lot, but that's good, and I've noticed a great deal of improvement over the last several days, her actual wounds have been healing nicely, and it looks like we'll have to go back to get the drain out early if things continue as they are now.

While we are in the mood to be thanking in-laws, I have to give special thanks to Trela's dad, Terry. He's made so many trips to Iowa, Rochester, Chicago, Moo Roo (mmMMMmmMMM, Ice Cream) and been at every appointment, amd her mom, Fran, who has been here whenever she's not in the air. We can't forget to mention her other in-laws, my dad, who was also in Rochester, but made it home in time to mow our lawn, and put a window and door on our new porch/room, (with some prior help from Tom, Fritz, and of course John.

With all the flowers, food, and support, it is a bit overwhelming at times. About the only time superwoman here gets a bit misty is when she thinks of how great all the support has been... Thanks.

No comments: