Friday, July 18, 2008

Horrid Cancer Humor

Whatever, I'm totally allowed to make cancer jokes.

Ok, so a friend of mine sent me a card, one of those nifty new ones that had a detachable magnet, which has been hanging on my fridge since early spring. It's a lovely quote by Maya Angelou -- "I can be changed by what happens to me. I refuse to be reduced by it."

Now clearly we all know my friend was sending me encouraging messages, not to get down about all of the medical issues, etc. However, I walked past it last night and cracked myself up... don't get reduced by it? Well then why the heck have I had two mastectomies??? Jeez. Doing this ALL wrong!!

Oh come on, it's funny.

Carpe diem -- Trela

3 comments:

Anita said...

Notice that there are no comments on this one yet because nobody knows what to do with you!! :) I will break the ice and at least say that some of the radiation must have gotten to your brain a little...although, if I think back with my feeble, sleep deprived mother of two toddlers brain, I vaguely remember this being your sick sense of humor from many moons ago...!!

Glad to see that some things don't change...or get reduced!!! Hahaha!!! I love you Trela, then, now and forever, in whatever shape/size you come!!

I was just thinking of you as we acquired a stuffed "Snowman" character, yes, the one from the book...ahhhh, winter...!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm going to try leaving this "anonymous" because I am a dork who can't figure out the comment leaving procedure...anyway, this made me laugh...I agree with Anita, I'm glad things don't change with your sense of humor! Great to see you last week!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so Anonymous was me, Shirley, meant to put that at the end of the comment- I'll stick to facebook!