Friday, March 14, 2008

Spring in Iowa


Yes, Iowa! I'm home!

A few posts back I mentioned the drifting in our yard... from the two pictures of my kiddos you can see how bad it really got, and this was after almost a week of temperatures above freezing. Our road is currently threatening to flood, but the sun is shining, and the tulips are a good two inches above the ground. That is, the ground that the snow isn't still covering...

I got to ring the bell amid several of my Hope Lodge friends which was a nice ending to a relatively nice treatment. My side effects are minimal, the only one I really care about is the cancer beating effect anyway!

The weather here is nice, mid to upper 40's, not quite as nice as the mid 50's in Rochester yesterday, but a good start for mid-March. School here officially went on Spring Break at 2:35 today, so despite the fact that I have lots of work to do, I'm on vacation!

Good to be home...

Carpe diem. - Trela

4 comments:

Hope Valerie said...

That is an amazing picture. I've never seen anything like that!

Congrats on being HOME!

Bob and Judy said...

Welcome home, Trela!!! Timing it so you'd be on vacation is pretty smart - a nice (easy) way to get back into your normal routine. - Aunt Judy/Uncle Bob

Anita said...

Glad that you are back home...sorry that I wasn't as determined as Eric to get up there...I really was serious about the trip...maybe there will be another excuse to come and see you soon...miss you...let me know if you guys are headed down South...it would unacceptable for you not to stop by!

We have had highs in the low 70s the better part of the last week and the girls have been playing in the sand box on the deck! :) Tempting, isn't it?!?

love, peace, and happiness,
Anita

Anonymous said...

Well said.