Wednesday, November 14, 2007

All's Well That Ends Well

Ok, so the fact that I'm using the literary part of my brain to pull a not totally dull title for this post out of my head should be an indicator of my health right now.

Surgery went fine, even if it was significantly delayed. My anesthesia person was in another surgery, so when he finished it was already after 3. Then they had to recheck the room to make sure there was no latex in it (still not sure why every time I go there it's a shock to the surgical nurses that I'm allergic to latex... it's been in my chart, folks!). Probably didn't get started until about 4, and the first time I remember seeing a clock was about 5:45. They had to put a weird blanket on me in recovery because I was shivering so much, but it worked (weird because it like puffed with air through a vacuum like nozzle). I hate the whole coming out of anesthesia routine, but my nausea was really not bad at all this time.

It's 10pm now, and I got home about 15 minutes ago. My best friend picked me up at the hospital (despite her overwhelming fear of iv's, needles, blood, etc.) since Eric came down with the flu at about 3am this morning. She's also subbing for me during my week's "vacation" so we were able to chat about kids and classroom stuff. I really feel very good. I walked out of the hospital, buckled my own seatbelt and was coherent for the ride home. My dad, of course, asked when the pain killers would wear off... ha.

So, yep, good day overall (for me, anyway! Eric's still suffering!). Thanks again for all of the good vibes and prayers! Sitting on my bed in the "on deck" circle this afternoon I imagined them all covering me like a little blankie (can we tell I have toddlers?) and I felt really calm. I actually wasn't nervous about surgery at all, and that tells you how powerful your good thoughts and prayers are.

Carpe diem.
Trela

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you rock trela and we are all so glad that things are going well and that life will soon be back to normal (whatever that is;) tell eric to suck it up. we miss you guys. stay well.
gabe