Thursday, July 30, 2009

Stop. Rewind. Replay.

After a little over a week of waiting for Mayo's professional opinion of my MRI we are exactly where we were three weeks ago. Those of you who are math fans will notice that on a calendar, that puts us BEFORE we took said MRI. So what does that mean?

Basically, Mayo doesn't want to weigh in on another MRI when they're not super sure about the images they've seen. There's something odd showing up, but believe it or not, odd isn't always bad. Odd can just be, well, odd. This doesn't mean bad news. Nor does it mean good news. It's just news. A filler story, if you will, threatening to be cut immediately from the broadcast if anything else about Michael Jackson's toenail clippings hits the airwaves.

My oncologist didn't seem super worried, he did indicate that what the radiologist could see didn't fit the "typical" angiosarcoma mold. We all know how typical my journey has been, so I'm taking that with a few pinches of salt... regardless, for both of my oncs not to be all up in arms and demanding the delight of my presence immediately, well, I'm ok with that. I do love them, but I'm ok with not seeing them regularly.

They will be scheduling my MRI soon (presumably in the next three weeks... I definitely can't do it next week because of teaching commitments) and I'll of course update then!

Cancer Terror Alert Level: returning from orange to yellow (our constant state)

Carpe diem.
Trela

1 comment:

njgruber said...

love the Sesame Street Homeland Security Chart