Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A Shout Out to My Nurses / Rachel: 4 for 4

I guess it's an indicator of how strongly I feel about these women that every time I go into my Oncology office, I need to stop back by the chemo desk and say hi. Knowing that my "reward" for handling my testing is a visit with some of my favorite medical people ever is probably what gets me through.

So, to the rest of my readers, you're welcome to keep on readin', but this post is for them.

Ladies, I can only imagine how difficult your job is, and as a result, I'm sure you never get the praise and thanks you so truly deserve. Knowing you were there, fighting with me, cracking jokes, laughing at mine, remembering my kids' names, sharing parts of your life with me... it meant everything. It meant I was simply another person, not just a patient, and I know you're like that with everyone. It's all we cancer vixens want, and you understand that, probably better than we do.

Had our paths crossed differently, I'm sure we would have been friends.

Crossing as they did, you are my angels. I could not have done it without you.

And Rachel? You rock, girl. Keep those clean x-rays and ct's comin'!

I'm just determined to be one of your success stories.

All of my love, and piles and piles of respect,
Carpe diem. - Trela

2 comments:

Hope Valerie said...

Your poor neglected blog! Is Facebook taking over?

Anonymous said...

Hey Trela,
It's been so long since we (the blog readers) have heard from you and how you're doing. I do keep up with your news via your Mum & Dad and I'm so delighted it's all going so well but ..... I love to hear your comments, about how you describe how you're doing and what's happening so - do keep it up when you can and I'm sure I'm not the only one. And in the meantime - you looked so amazingly wonderful at Cara & Andrew's wedding - what a fabulously beautiful, elegant young woman you have turned out to be. That darker shorter hair is such a bonus and I know I'm biased given I'll either have dark brown hair or be grey!!! But you looked stunning. Indeed all of you looked stunning, Cara & Andrew just looked happy together (my thoughts are still out on his choice of shoes but - interesting!) Ian looked ever the more young man he's supposed to be - at least he doesn't hate me anymore and your Mum & Dad just looked fantastic.
Hang in there - keep the blog up and most of all take care of yourself, your wonderful husband and your even more wonderful kids.
Lots of love
Rona xxx