Monday, April 14, 2008

Mayo Day

Waiting to meet with the plastic surgeon (who will do the bulk of the work in tomorrow's 6 hour plus surgery), but just wanted to update -- my CT scan of my lungs was clean, as expected, but still a relief. Met with the oncology surgeon who did my mastectomy and will do the resection tomorrow, and that went fine. I've been cleared health wise to have surgery, so I guess it's on! I still have to see plastics, as I mentioned, and my actual oncologist, but my radiation oncologist was very pleased with my skin's healing thus far.

We report for surgery at about 5:45, the actual "procedure" will be about 8:30, take about 6 hours plus two hours in recovery. It's anticipated they'll make me stay 3-5 nights in the hospital, which puts me home Friday at the earliest! Longer than expected, but hey, they're the experts!

Carpe diem!--Trela

4 comments:

The Beginning Farmer's Wife said...

Trela-
Glad to hear the encouraging update. You will be in my prayers tomorrow.

Becca

letterpeople said...

Yay! Rock on my fav sophmore english teacher! : )

Lisa said...

As always...in our prayers. The Hickey's

Hope Valerie said...

Thinking about ya. :)