Wednesday, March 07, 2007

All Clear!

Well, it's official! I'm completely CANCER FREE! I had a CT scan last Wednesday, earlier than planned because Eric decided I was stressing too much. He called the oncology office to move up the timeline. Of course, I was furious, but realized he was right. The initial read of the scan showed no problems, but we had to wait until last night to hear the official all clear. Phew. Now we just have to continue to hope and pray that the follow-up CT's go the same way. I'm not sure of the schedule for them yet, but I'm guessing it's going to be an every 3 months sort of routine.

Eric and I are celebrating the good news (and the end of my chemo, which is tomorrow) with a Spring Break trip to Las Vegas next week. We're looking forward to warmer weather and a chance to relax and actually sleep (since of course our darling daughter still wakes up at least twice most nights).

I'll post tomorrow after my chemo. I can't believe it's been six months already!
Carpe diem!!! - Trela

5 comments:

Mona said...

YEAH!!!!!This will help you really relax in VEGAS!! Have a great trip.

Hope Valerie said...

Congrats! SO glad to hear this news!

Bob and Judy said...

Great News

Bob and Judy said...

Great news.

Unknown said...

That is fantastic news, Trela! I knew you could beat this! Have fun in Vegas baby!